Transfiguration School provides students with a structured religious and academic education program stressing the tenets of our Catholic faith—service to others; value of worship; and the ability to make responsible, Christian decisions based on moral values. In our pursuit of excellence, Transfiguration School has created a student-centered learning institution that provides the children with a challenging academic environment within a caring and nurturing atmosphere, recognizing and respecting the individual differences of each student.
- Dedicated, experienced, New York State-certified teachers
- Full-day Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten programs
- Teaching Assistants in Grades PK-K
- Balanced literacy-emphasizing phonics, grammar, writing, and reading comprehension
- Robust curriculum-adhering to NYS Learning Standards
- Advanced-math program for Grades 6-8
- Fully equipped multi-media library center
- Fully equipped science lab
- Dedicated art classroom
- Intensive foreign-language program for Grades 5-8
- Computer-equipped classrooms; all internet accessible
- Air-conditioned classrooms
- Teacher-staffed after-school program for Graces PK-8 until 6:00 pm
- Remedial resource teacher on staff
- Boys and girls CYO
- Bus transportation from districts within a 15-mile radius
- Welcoming students of all faiths
- Accredited by AdvanceEd
Our teaching staff is comprised of New York State-certified, with masters degree, classroom teachers.
In recent years, Transfiguration School graduates have achieved placement in honors programs and have been awarded scholarships to many prestigious high schools.